About Me

My photo
Japan
I've decided 2010 is the year it will happen! I'm going to lost 30 pounds and keep it off for good. We are trying to become pregnant, and I need to be as healthy as I can. My hopes are that by blogging every day, I can keep track of working out, and eating better. To help me be more accountable as to what I eat, I have decided to take a picture of every meal, and snack I eat, and post it every night. I love to cook, so I'll be adding lots of yummy, healthy recipes I try.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 1

Not too bad of a day. I went to the gym at 8:15 and stayed about an hour. I think breakfast and lunch went good. I didn't snack until tonight when I was waiting for dinner to cook. I was hoping to do something healthier for dinner. But I had to teach english tonight at a japanese school, and didn't have time to make a healthy dinner. when I got home at 7, that was the only thing in our fridge. Ugh, I SO need to go to the grocery store!!


So, Breakfast . Blueberry Yogurt (japanese) and 1/2 cup Quaker Granola



Lunch. 6inch turkey sub on whole grain from Subway. Had american cheese,low fat honey mustard, tomato, lettuce, onion, and olives.


A friend brought over some peanut butter girl scout cookies. They were out on the counter and I was so hungry!! I ate 4. Bad, I know!!!!!! they are small cookies, but still... i was trying not to snack.

Dinner. Ok. There is a lot of pasta on that plate... but I swear I only ate half. Anyways, its mozzarella and spinach ravioli. ( from Costco) and I made a creamy tomato sauce to top it.

4 comments:

  1. Looks Great Nicole. I noticed you mentioned you didn't have time to make a healthy dinner because you had class. Just word of advise. You may want to start planning your meals ahead of time. Plan all of your meals for the week or 2 weeks in advance. Which includes Breakfast, snack, lunch and dinner. Monitor every meal. Usually Saturdays or Sundays is when I plan my meals for the upcoming week. As you plan your meals look at your calender and if you are busy on a particular day, or you don't think your going to have time to cook. Plan a quick and healthy meal ahead of time and you should already have all the ingredients on hand. Once you make your weekly meal list, make a grocery list. Stick to the list and try not to buy anything else that is NOT on your list. This will help you save money and will prevent you from binging.

    Keep a daily log of physical activity and your food intake. This is a proven method that helps you realize what areas you need to work at and there for helping you reach your goals!

    Good Luck Nicole and keep up the GREAT WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually do a pretty good job planning meals out. The days I'm gone and not home until dinner, I usually use the crock pot. My only downfall is I guess going to the commissary. UGH!! I hate going! If I had only gone this past weekend, I wouldn't have to resort to a plate of pasta. haha.

    start a blog so we can follow eachother!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont know if you are watching your calorie/fat count (I'm on a low fat diet) but you might want to get your Subway sandwiches without the cheese. I think its 4.5 grams of fat for two slices.. Ok, I love the cheese they have and I always get extra (lol) but its a lot of extra fat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good point. lol, i'll try not to order it again. I'm a flat out sucka for cheese!!!! LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete